Juice Technology AG announces the founding of Juice Nordics AB
Juice Technology AG, producer of electric charging stations and software and market leader in portable charging stations for electric vehicles, is expanding its business activities to northern Europe and founding the subsidiary Juice Nordics AB headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden.
The launch of Juice Nordics to kick off the new year establishes the Swiss technology company’s presence now throughout Scandinavia, including Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Juice’s entry into the northern European markets is yet another building block in the company’s expansion strategy. Christoph Erni, CEO and founder of Juice Technology AG, is staunchly confident: “Northern Europe remains one of the strongest growing markets in the electric mobility sector. Demand for stationary and portable charging solutions is correspondingly high. Juice, as an established market leader offering expert know-how and proven Swiss quality, can help drive further expansion of the charging network.”
Juice places high value on gaining close proximity to wherever things are happening so it can offer solutions ideally tailored to customers’ needs and wishes. “As a company based in the Alpine Republic – a country with similar diverse topography – we know the challenges confronting e-car drivers in Scandinavian countries. With our portable JUICE BOOSTER 2 wallbox charger neatly stowed in the car boot, e-drivers have just the right gadget at hand to charge whenever they wish from any conventional household or industrial socket-outlet,” explains Maurizio Ventura, Chief Sales Officer at Juice. “It’s the decisive missing piece in the puzzle to enable electric mobility beyond urban centres and main traffic arteries. You don’t need any diesel-fuelled second car any more to ensure care-free driving trips on those weekends away.”
Juice Technology AG enjoys worldwide presence at multiple locations with its own branch offices, subsidiaries and partner companies, and also has a global network of resellers at its disposal. The company’s in-house workforce meanwhile numbers 200 employees active in development, production, marketing, sales and logistics. The Juice Group is now expanding to include Juice Nordics AB.
Juice Nordics – facts and figures
- Countries: Juice Technology has founded Juice Nordics AB as a subsidiary to serve Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- JUICE BOOSTER 2: This versatile charging station enables electric cars to charge from any conventional household or industrial socket-outlet anywhere in the world. The charger is equipped for automatic detection of socket input current, is waterproof and dustproof (to protection rating IP 67), and driveover-resistant to wheel loads of up to three tonnes. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 is the world’s first portable charging station of the 22-kW performance class to be certified by TÜV SÜD authorised inspection agency to the IEC 62752 first-edition standards of 2016, including Amendment 1 of 2018.
- JUICE CHARGER me: The wallbox comes completely preconfigured and ready for immediate use (as a plug-and-play device). Once connected to the charge socket, the charging station automatically recognises every Plug-and-Charge-enabled vehicle compliant with the ISO 15118 standard, and begins charging immediately. A radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader is integrated for all vehicles that don’t yet support the ISO 15118 standard. Each unit comes equipped for locally dynamic charging management for up to 250 charging stations in master-slave operation. The cloud-based infinitely scalable smartJUICE system for omni-dynamic charging and load management is also available. A version fitted with an electricity meter certified to the European Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) is available for operation with charging and load management.
- JUICE FLOW: The rugged, high-quality yet economically priced 6-metre-long Mode-3 charging cable connects any e-car fitted with a Type-2 charge-port connection to any public charging station equipped with a Type-2 socket, enabling safe and reliable three-phase charging at currents of up to 32 amps. The hard-silver-plated contact sheaths can withstand tens of thousands of plugging cycles. In addition, the ribbing inside the sheaths is spiral-milled to optimally protect the individual contact springs against bending. The plug housing, designed with integrated cable strain relief developed by Juice, protects the wiring in the plug interior, thereby ensuring maximum safety, reliability and durability. JUICE FLOW meets all statutory regulations and all safety requirements to IEC standards, and has been tested and approved by TÜV-Rheinland authorised inspection agency.
- JUICE PHASER: With this charging accelerator, single-phase electric cars can recharge almost twice as quickly. The JUICE PHASER enables charging with 25 amps and 5.8 kW (instead of the maximum 3.7 kW allowed to date) – drawing only 16 amps from the grid via each of two phases – without risk of causing any unbalanced loads. Its housing is splashproof-protected and dustproof to ingress protection rating IP65. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 can be connected to the JUICE CONNECTOR on the JUICE PHASER.
Please see www.juice.world
About Juice Technology
Juice Technology AG, headquartered in the town of Bachenbülach (near Zurich Airport, Switzerland), is a globally active producer of charging solutions for electric vehicles. The company’s comprehensive product portfolio, featuring AC and DC charging stations ranging from lightweight mobile devices to large fast chargers, makes it one of the very few full-range vendors in the industry. Juice has dominated the market for mobile 22-kW charging stations since 2014.
The consistent, end-to-end software orientation decisively distinguishes Juice from other solutions available on the market. All Juice devices displaying the “j+” marking are based on the same processor and firmware, making them all mutually compatible with one another. By utilising uniform, consistent software architecture, Juice saves an immense amount of time, effort and cost. Solutions such as omni-dynamic load management, payment by credit card and the open-interface backend are thus all available to the entire product range.
The Juice Group enjoys worldwide presence with its own locations, subsidiaries and partner companies, The Juice corporate group includes Juice Services AG, Juice Telemetrics AG, the German firm Juice Europe GmbH headquartered in Munich, Juice UK and Ireland Ltd, based in London, Juice Nordics AB in Uppsala, Juice Iberia S.L. in Málaga, Juice France SAS in Paris, Zhejiang Juice Technology Co., Ltd in Hangzhou, China, and Juice Americas Inc. in the U.S. State of Delaware. The Group also has a global network of resellers. All told, the company today employees a workforce of over 200 people active in research and development, production, marketing, administration, purchasing, sales and logistics.
Communication & Public Relations
Juice Technology AG
+41-41 510 02 19 or +49-800 3400 600